West Virginia University
21 Dec

Well today was quite the eventful day indeed. My last entry I left you in the middle of our first rehearsal. The rest of rehearsal went splendidly! We did very well in learning our drill formations for halftime and refreshing our memory of our well known pre-game show. For pre-game, we will be starting from the infamous ?Simple Gifts Circles? and play through ?Country Roads.? For halftime, we will be playing ?White Rabbit? and ?Children of Sanchez.? Both shows rehearsed very well today and I am sure that we will knock the socks off of everyone in that stadium!

Rehearsal was very long, but to me, I didn?t really notice. I guess you would say that I was just having so much fun, and it?s true! I love getting to hang out with my friends in Rank 8, the rank that I belong to and that I marched with all season long. I missed seeing my friends over break, and it was cool to be back at picking on each other again, having grass fights, races to see who can get to their spot the quickest, and just general having fun. Don?t worry though, with all the fun that we are having, it comes along with much hard work. Then again, that is just what marching band is really about; being able to have a lot of fun, yet still get the job done and perform a killer show. That is just one aspect of band that I love the most.

The weather is really warm here. I believe that the forecast for tomorrow is in the mid to upper 70s and sunny. That should make for a good day in Universal Studios. As for right now, I am getting ready to head out to dinner with my bus. I will definitely be doing some serious sleeping tonight. Tomorrow breakfast will be served at 5:00 AM. Yep, I have to get a good night?s sleep tonight. I can?t wait until all the big festivities get underway for the Gator Bowl. It still hasn?t hit me yet that it?s a bowl trip! I guess it will really hit me once I see the Georgia Tech fans, and march in the parade, and go to the pep rally. I can?t wait!

P.S. On Sunday I will be at the Fan Center with the mini-band! Come out and see me and let me know you?ve been reading!

Until next time,

GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

1 Zirk | Dec 29 at 9:32 pm

Make us Proud--love reading your blog. I am a WVU alumni '72. Played clarinet in the Morgantown HS band. We love The Pride--the best band in the country. Have an awesome experience. Keep us posted on all the activites. Go Mounties!!!!

2 Jackie | Dec 29 at 11:05 pm

Tnks for the updates. Would help to have a date/time at the start of each entry so I don't get so confused! LOL

3 Susan | Dec 30 at 1:39 pm

Great BLOG!!! We will be watching the game from the Elks in Chambersburg cheering you guys on. Make the start of 2007 great for all Mountaineers. We wish you the best and keep up the good work. GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!

4 Cindy | Dec 30 at 8:27 pm

Go Mountaineers, Great to read your blogs. I am soooo proud of being a WVian even though I live in Florida now. Go Piccolo players....played in the Grafton High School Band. Give me chills on Monday with Simple Gifts......Miss ya'll.......can't wait to see you. Let'ssssss Go Mountaineeeeeeeeersss!!!!

5 Rodney | Dec 30 at 10:11 pm

You guys will steal the show, as you always do. There's no band in the nation like the Pride. Thanks for the updates. They make it a little easier for those of us who didn't make the trip! Go Mountaineers!

6 wetzel county fan | Dec 31 at 2:23 pm

I enjoy reading your blog... see you on the tube at half time!

7 Joy | Dec 31 at 6:20 pm

Thanks for doing this. It really is fun to read and know what is going on. Can't wait to see you on tv tomorrow. GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!!!! WE ARE SOOOOOOOOO PROUD!!!! WVU MOM

Comments disabled

Comments have been disabled for this article.