West Virginia University
21 Dec

Today started bright and early for me. I left my home in Shippensburg, PA at 10 AM. It was my first time driving by myself to Morgantown, so I was a little nervous. I didn?t have to worry at all, I made it in one piece. I picked up my friend in Hagerstown and the trip went much faster after that. Every time we saw a sign on the interstate that said ?West Virginia? or ?Morgantown? we yelled in excitement.

When we arrived in Morgantown we were so excited. It was really neat to see all of my friends again after the break. Everyone was saying ?Hi!!?, hugging, exchanging Christmas presents and catching up. We all made our way to the band office to pick up our ?per diem? and the itinerary for the trip. After that, we all got our gear out of our cars and lined up on the sidewalk to get on the buses. When they finally pulled in it was a mad rush to get the best seats on the bus. I was lucky and was one of the first people on the bus and I got a great seat. Now we are all waiting to pull out.

Now I have some time to think about what lies ahead. This is my very first bowl trip, ever. I am so excited for it. All season the upperclassmen tell all the freshmen what it is like to be at a bowl game, and now I actually get to participate in one! It?s so exciting!

We are doing so much in these few days. Tomorrow we are arriving in Jacksonville around noon and then going straight to rehearsal. What is cool, is that we have the rest of the night off! I am not sure what we will do then, but I know we will have so much fun.

I really don?t know what to expect out of this trip, other than it will probably be the most fun and most memorable five days of my life, and I can?t wait to see what unfolds.

1 Tami Mayle | Dec 29 at 12:14 am

I know you all will have a great time! See you in Jacksonville in a few days!

2 Roz | Dec 29 at 10:23 am

I am very excited for you, make WV proud. Show them all how big our FAMILY really is. GOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!!

Comments disabled

Comments have been disabled for this article.